If I lose my PIP. — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

If I lose my PIP.

Janmadill28 Member Posts: 15 Connected
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I should hear in about 2/4 weeks if I'm going to retain my PIP. Who do I appeal to if not allowed it. ???


  • johnny100
    johnny100 Member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    you have 4 weeks to appeal from the date on your letter.All the information will be on the letter etc
  • Janmadill28
    Janmadill28 Member Posts: 15 Connected
  • Janmadill28
    Janmadill28 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    Is that to be done in writing or over the phone?
  • johnny100
    johnny100 Member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    I would do both and note the day time etc and ask for the person who you left the messae with and also back it up with a letter,tell the operator a letter will follow and could they put that information onto your file,thats what i do
  • wildlife
    wildlife Member Posts: 1,308 Pioneering
    You can do both. I rang DWP just to tell them I was going to send a letter requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration and they gave me an extension on the time scale of 4 weeks from the date of the phone call but I don't know if that's a ruling or not. Otherwise as Johnnie said you have 4 weeks from the date on your decision letter. I think you do have to write in to request they look at it again and it's better as you can send any more evidence and you know by then what you're not in agreement about. Have you got your assessor's report? If not you can ring DWP PIP number and ask for it to be sent to you. Good Luck...
  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    You can ask for a mandatory reconsideration over the phone or by letter. Most people recommend sending a letter as you can then keep a copy as a record of this request. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.