Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

18 yr old daughter with CP - smooth transition to adulthood?

vonn22vonn22 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2017 in Cerebral Palsy
I have an 18yr old daughter with cerebral palsy. She is leaving school in July and hopefully going onto college in September subject to funding from KCC. Just trying to find out about transition from childhood to adulthood and trying to make it as smooth as possible for both my daughter and myself.

Replies

• wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,316 Pioneering
    Hi Vonn22, Can you give us more details of what it is you want some advice about? x

• vonn22vonn22 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Before I joined this group I was trying to get a social worker for my daughter, I tried last summer and got now where. So I tried again last month and was getting frustrated that I had not heard anything yet again, that was when I joined the group. Last Friday someone from Adult Social Services called and I know have an appointment in the next few weeks.  So feeling a lot better than last week.

Thanks for  your offer of advice xx

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I am glad you are getting sorted! Do still join in on the discussions here, we have such a lovely community of members and it might help you to connect with others in a similar situation.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • AlexAlex Posts: 1,325 Scope community team
    Hi @Vonn22,

Have you had your appointment with social services now? How did it go?
Sign in or join us to comment.