Hi, my name is H25! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is H25!

Options
2»

Comments

• bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @H25

Hi, I have an Aspergers diagnosis.

Im sorry to hear that you are in a job that is doing your head in :(

Somtimes, in situations like that,  I think its a good idea to look at tolerating the situation as a challenge?

I like to try and imagine, when Im in that sort of situation that its like a test.  A test to see if I can get through the day/shift without letting myself react to any triggers.  Like you, I have a child.  It often helps me to think of my responsibility to him.... Work is somthing that has been out of my reach for a while now,  id actually kind of like to be "bothered" by work again right now!

I find "things" a bit "unbelievable" and "overwhelming" somtimes...  In jobs that often dont make any sense, working with people that often dont make any sense,  this can be a real challenge.  Ive worked for Supermarkets before,  I think some are better than others!

I worked for Kwiksaves,  before they were bought out and for Morrisons.  Both companies had/have fairly poor reputations for the way they treat their staff.

Workers rights are being eroded all the time...  This often creates a stressfull and unpleasent workplace for everybody.  You have my total sympathy.

If you ever want to share notes, you know where to find me :)

• bendigedig
    Options
    Oops,  I misread above,  i thought that you had a child.  You never said that though did you!  Sorry.
  • H25
    H25 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Thank you and it would be very useful to trade notes as you say. 
    And I guess at the moment I lack the reason to be motivated at work. I have no one depending on me. And because of a rather bizarre thought process almost feel guilty that I don't have anyone to rely on me ,and that in only working for my own gain. (Figure that one out and I will buy you a medal) so yeah please do write back. I'm sure we will have lots to talk about.
  • bendigedig
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @H25

I think as long as what we are thinking is sane and based in some rational process,  as long as it doesnt harm us or anybody else, what we do with our thoughts is for us alone to be concerned about.  Bizarre thoughts may not be as Bizare as we initially suspect they are!  Take dreams for example...... The unconsious mind making sense of a confusing world in the most bizarre way imaginable somtimes!

it sounds to me as though you are bored and that you are not being challenged enough by your work?
  • H25
    H25 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    You are correct I'm very bored off it. But I find myself being really good at something in the beginning focusing lots of time and energy on it and then getting bored as soon as I start to excel at it. Although I'm still young this is something that has happened time and time again. And has left me with a trail of employers who were glad to see me go.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.