Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is tattyteddy!
It is so good to read how determined you parents are and believe me you are the only parents your child id going to have; teachers and other 'workers will come and go but Home is always there. I have come on this site as I am in a very different situation. My boy? is 55!! and yes, I am still in his life but from a distance now. We have come home from South Africa and I had to leave him there. He has done so well in spite of being CP; he is a qualified motor and diesel mechanic and I would love to bring him out but what are his chances of integrating here? Socially none, I would say. Then can he get employment that will support him financially? you Do you see what I mean about you never giving up. It is an endless but worthwhile investment that you are making.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.