Won PIP appeal, DWP may contest it — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won PIP appeal, DWP may contest it

cavan
cavan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I won my recent P I P appeal the D W P they may contest it, it was at the end of Jan they said they had not heard from the Judge i phoned the court who confirmed that was the case,what can i do now

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi cavan,

Unfortunately the DWP seem to be appealing more and more first tier tribunal decisions to a higher level called the upper tribunal.

The DWP should have got a statement of reasons from the judge and then within a month of getting that, they should seek permission to appeal.

If this is granted you should be informed. The DWP should only be granted permission to appeal further on an 'error of law', but this can cover several things including if they think your tribunal took into account things it shouldn't have, or failed to take into account things it should have considered.

You definitely need a benefits adviser to help you further - someone you can show the paperwork to. That is not something we can do within the forum. I suggest you start off with your local Citizens Advice. You could also check to see if there is a law centre near you.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.