DISTRUST IN PIP SYSTEM SAYS REVIEW bbc website — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DISTRUST IN PIP SYSTEM SAYS REVIEW bbc website

Comments

• sundontshine123
    sundontshine123 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    SORRY WOULD NOT LET ME COPY LINK SO HAD TO DO IT LIKE THAT CHECK IT OUT NOT BEEN UP HOUR YET

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Can't say I'm surprised. I know of very few people who've had a fair report (mine was full of contradictions) and a half decent outcome.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Last time I had an assessment it was 3 years ago & a support worker (who sat with her eyes closed!) came with me...I didn't even have to appeal which she was surprised as many were expected to appeal back then but now majority are appealing 

First time I appealed the 2 Drs were very decent men who knew I was genuine 

now it's degrading 
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    It's put me off putting in a change of circumstance, given how inconsistent they are.
  • sundontshine123
    I know what u mean
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Have just watched the news link and they really still haven't got a clue how bad it is. They actually must know a lot more than they're making out as everything is being played down so the process doesn't fall apart. They're talking as if it just needs a few adjustments to improve confidence. So it looks like it's still down to us to make sure we get a fair deal. Where do we stand when fear of losing what little they're offering prevents people from appealing which is understandable. There should be a rule that whatever is awarded stands and can't be changed and the Mandatory Reconsideration should only look at the descriptors the claimant wants reviewed not the whole lot. This would save time and money. The same at appeal that only an increase can be made or the award stay as it is. There's also no mention of out and out lies just "inaccuracies" on assessor's reports. It's about time someone in government said it how it is. 
  • sundontshine123
    The second independent review march 2017
    wont let me copy and paste get it from www.gov.uk
  • wildlife
    edited March 2017
  • wildlife
    They don't seem to be looking at getting rid of the private contractors doing the assessments. They are a law unto themselves. They can stall complaints till the claimant gets through the process of being offered their reward.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.