Archived Ask a benefits adviser [CLOSED]
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.


CHERRYCHERRY Member Posts: 4 Listener
i care for my mum full time,  I've put in for cares allowence but I'm on universal credit, do I claim for esp now or wait.


  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

    I'm not sure what you mean by esp?

    If you get Universal Credit it is usually still advisable to claim Carer's Allowance. However, in rare cases it makes sense not to claim Carer's Allowance if you can avoid doing so and this may be the case if you mum lives on her own or the only other adults she lives with are also disabled.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.