Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Support into employment
Wondering if anyone can help? Looking for support into employment for my 20 year old son who is on the autistic spectrum, he is finishing studying engineering at college in 2 months and has been applying for lots of jobs with no success. He has had several part time jobs which have highlighted that anything that is time pressured would not be suitable for him. As a family we visited a one stop shop 40 miles away from us but were unable to access any resources for him nearer to home (east coast of scotland). He wants to work but we really need some advice on what would be available to assist him with this. Thanks in advance.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.