Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.


pippip Member Posts: 72 Connected
I may ask an expert but write to any readers who may know about provision for a disabled adult son in his older age, my dad left money for me for a pension or living expenses in my old age, as I have a mental illness and had difficulty securing paid employment, mum holds the money, she is 90. does anyone know about trusts or gift transfers?


  • Blue FrogBlue Frog Member Posts: 373 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Have a look at Mencap's website. There is a lot of info on there. They do free talks and seminars regularly across the UK and they have a list of solicitors who specialise in these matters in each local area.

    They helped me with setting up a trust for my little girl so that she will be ok if anything happens to me. 
  • pippip Member Posts: 72 Connected
    edited April 2017
    thankyou, mencap have kindly sent me things in the post.
Sign in or join us to comment.