trusts — Scope | Disability forum


pip Member Posts: 71 Connected
I may ask an expert but write to any readers who may know about provision for a disabled adult son in his older age, my dad left money for me for a pension or living expenses in my old age, as I have a mental illness and had difficulty securing paid employment, mum holds the money, she is 90. does anyone know about trusts or gift transfers?


  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    edited April 2017
    Have a look at Mencap's website. There is a lot of info on there. They do free talks and seminars regularly across the UK and they have a list of solicitors who specialise in these matters in each local area.

    They helped me with setting up a trust for my little girl so that she will be ok if anything happens to me. 
  • pip
    pip Member Posts: 71 Connected
    edited April 2017
    thankyou, mencap have kindly sent me things in the post.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.