Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
MRI scan & CP
Hi, my son is 23 months & is unable to stand or walk unaided, he attends regular physiotherapy sessions & was referred to a paediatrician who then referred him for an MRI scan & blood tests because she couldn't see anything physically wrong with why he wasn't walking? He has had the MRI scan & blood tests which have come back normal but I'm not convinced that he doesn't have CP?! I've read extensively about it & all symptoms point towards CP?! The paediatrician is now referring him to Great Ormand Street hospital neurologists & his physio has referred him onto a more 'specialist team' for his physio so I'm a bit baffled as what it can be & if I should be more concerned that they're not sure what he has now that it's not CP?! Is it possible that it can still be CP even though the MRI came back normal?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.