Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is fuzzyhead41!
I have ME and fibromyalgia. I'm registered disabled because I have mobility problems and a few others too. Despite this I work as a care assistant for 16 hours a week. I get very lonely as a disabled person in an able-bodied world. I belong to the FM Support group in my home town. But... I've been too tired to go to it yet. I think I need to be with people who have problems like I do because it makes feel like I'm not going mad and losing it. These things are really happening to me and to others like me. So thank you for letting me join your group and I hope I can contribute to is as well as take from it in the form of asking questions, getting advice and support... Maybe.
Glad to be here x
Glad to be here x
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.