Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Cutting sugar from my diet
Since 2015 controlling my weight has been an uphill struggle. We have already made a lot of changes to how we prepare food, got rid of a lot of the precooked meals etc. Thursday I decided it was time to cut out as much sugar from my diet as possible. It was not until then I realised how much sugar was still in my diet, easily 20 teaspoons a day in coffee alone.
Yesterday I felt like hell, ached all over and a nasty headache. Today I feel a bit better but cannot get rid of the headache. I have been tempted to add a little sugar to a coffee to reduce things a little but decided to see it out.
As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 710 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments