PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

pamorchard
pamorchard Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Iv heard about PIP.. I need to get b12 injections..anyone know about it Pip

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pamorchard welcome to the community.

There is lots of information about PIP here.  What is your condition that requires b12 injections? Requiring the injections alone is not going to be enough to be entitled to Personal Independence Payments.

PIP has two parts:

• daily living component - for people who need help to take part in everyday life
    • mobility component - for people who find it hard to get around

Each component has two levels: standard or enhanced and is assessed under 12 activities, 10 for daily living and 2 for mobility. For both components you need 8 points for the standard rate and 12 points for the enhanced rate.

You can do a PIP self test here.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lisagm
    lisagm Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    I need the vit b12 injection but the government dont fund it for for just anybody. If u are covered in clothing from head to toe ( is it called a berka)? Because of lack of sunlight can cause numerous problems. It is proven to help with my cluster headaches but because of no funding i dont know!

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I take B12 tablets available without prescription from Superdrug (and probably from Holland and Barrett, too) and quite cheap.  The tablets must help me because a hospital doctor was pleased to tell me after a blood test that my B12 level was good.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    lisagm said:
    I need the vit b12 injection but the government dont fund it for for just anybody. If u are covered in clothing from head to toe ( is it called a berka)? Because of lack of sunlight can cause numerous problems. It is proven to help with my cluster headaches but because of no funding i dont know!

Not sure what you mean by "if you're covered in clothing from head to toe"
    Vitamin B12 helps the body make healthy red blood cells and helps keep nerve cells healthy. Vitamin B12 deficency otherwise known as pernicious anemia. It's caused by the ammune system destroying those stomach cells. I have it and was actually quite poorly before i was diagnosed a few years ago. When i was first diagnosed i had to have 5 B12 injections per week for 2 weeks, now i have them every 3 months which GPs will fund because in some cases if it's not brought and kept under control then a person can be affected quite seriously.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Iv heard about PIP.. I need to get b12 injections..anyone know about it Pip
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis but i highly doubt that needing those injections for a Vitamin b12 deficency will award you PIP. This condtion is managed fairly well in people that have those injections regularly. I have them for this but i have other life long condtions to go with it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dxwdy
    Dxwdy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    The type of injections you describe sound like pernicious anaemia, this is a condition that causes fatigue, dizziness , depression, achy limbs, and in extreme and untreated cases, death, i have the condition and can find it very difficult to work however since this anaemia is less widely known each case is assessed individually 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dxwdy and welcome to the community!

Thank you for this information. Is there anything we can help you with?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.