Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

Markc
Markc Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ive been reading everyones posts and would like to add my input . I have been refused pip in december 2016 the refusal letter was dated 25th december 2016 which i thought was odd as this would be xmas day anyway i decided to ask for a mandotory reconsideration of the decision and did this on 3rd january 2017 . This was also refused . Scoring 0 points on both care and mobility.i then decided to appeal to tribunal as felt this was incorrect and recieved the pips papers of evidence and read atos assesment report which all of it apart from i attended was untrue and not what happened on the day i recieved my appeal date ( which was 2nd may 2017 ) i.e today i opted for an oral hearing and attended noone from pip attended me and my carer attended and told the tibunal how my illnesses affect me and they said a decision would be made before they left for the day but that it would be posted out is this a good sign or bad sign ? As im unsure 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Markc and welcome to the forum.

I cannot say if it sounds good in the sense of whether you will get the result you are looking for, at least you won't have long to wait to find out. What I can say is going for an oral appeal still has a high success rate, around 60% I think.

Good luck on getting the result you are looking for.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello - I can only add to the above posts to say you did the right thing in choosing an oral hearing rather than a paper hearing, and it sounds as though the tribunal members needed time for discussion before making a decision and then sending that decision out to you. It was also good to take your carer with you so that the tribunal get a good idea of how every day life is managed with the help of the carer. Good luck and I hope you get a successful outcome.

Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.