An Update — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

An Update

Justice Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
Hi Everyone,
   Some of you may remember me posting a few weeks ago about my Husband's assessment for ESA. How it was a fiasco, and that the assessor had knowingly put false information. I have been busy fighting this with the help of our MP who has called then at least ten times over the past weeks. I wrote to CHDA and they upheld the complaint, the assessor is to have a disciplinary meeting. 
still no apparent movement or communication though from DWP. Today i called them and demanded to speak with a senior manager, eventually got one. Told them how serious this situation is, and that the next call I would be making if needs be would be to my Solicitor.

Result!! Back in support group, money to be paid back into the Bank. I have told them to expedite that too under the circumstances. If they do not then I will be on their backs again.

Moral of the story: If you know in your heart that you are right NEVER give in. x


  • wildlife
    wildlife Member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited May 2017
    [email protected], Wow!! Well done. Sorry to ask again but to save me searching remind me who CHDA are as I'm getting no response from ATOS despite writing more strong letters. They have changed my Mobility but still won't accept medical evidence for DL therefore DWP won't either. Is CHDA a better next step than ICE? Did you have to go through and finish with the Capita complaint before going to a higher level?
  • Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    CHDA is Centre for Health and Disability Assessments. The one I dealt with is in Leeds, and that is where we had to send the original form . They seem to be in charge of the assessments in this area. I would imagine( Although I don't know for a fact) that they have them in all areas. You have to give them a chance to resolve things before you go to ICE.
    They responded in two days to the first letter. I followed that with a call, she was rather snooty on the call, trying to tell me that I had been looking at the wrong papers like " Most people " do!! I told her not to confuse me with most people, and pointed out that I could hardly have written a complaint about the content of something which I had not seen. 
    Once she got the assessment form back from DWP she called me in a very different frame of mind, apologized and said I was right, and she let the DWP know right away.

    Good Luck wildlife, don't let them fob you off x
  • Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    @ wildlife,
    Just another thought, remember the one I was dealing with was for ESA and not PIPS. I don't know if the system is the same.Perhaps one of the Benefits Advisers can clarify that
  • wildlife
    wildlife Member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Justice, Thank-you for your reply. I am bracing myself to ring ATOS but at the same time wondering whether to hang on to hear from HCPC as they're now investigating whether my assessor was qualified or not. Goodness knows what I'll do if she wasn't but I certainly won't be quiet about it. Are you still going to write the book? If so I've got some info. to send you..x 
  • Justice
    Justice Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    @ Wildlife Hang on in there. I am not sure if phone calls do a lot of good, in my experience they lead to a lot of buck passing , of course the calls can be followed up with a letter. I am a great one for putting everything in writing, sending it always recorded, and keep copies.

    Oh Yes I am very much still writing the Book, just taking a break from it now to look on here so keep on sending the info :-) Just because I am a bit quiet on it doesn't mean I am not on the case so to speak. I just don't want to spam people
    Look forward to your mail x


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.