Hi, my name is anninic2! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is anninic2!

Options
anninic2
anninic2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
my hustband has been home for 6 weeks after spending nearly 15 weeks in hospital following heart surgery which was the cause of him having a stroke . it is only now that we are getting some semblance of normality. at present moment we are waiting to hear from PIP as at present my husband is receiving nothing and we're not sure if he can claim in the interim. i really hope that he gets this because on top of the heart surgery and double bleed on his brain he was also diagonsed with copd. at present he uses a commode as unable to climb the stairs has hemiplagia in his left side and also dysarthia so all in all he copped for the worse case scenario

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Anninic2,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear what you and your husband have been going through.

Good luck with your PIP application - we have lots of people on here who have been through the process and can give you lots of advice if you don't get the support you need. You might also want to check what other benefits you might be eligible for if you haven't already: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/check

If there's anything we can help with - just let us know.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.