Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Working for Carers - Supporting unpaid carers with employment, education or volunteering
My name is Syeda Hussain, and I am a Employment Personal
Advisor for Redbridge Carers Support Service, as part of the Working for Carers
Project. The aim is to prepare and encourage unpaid Carers (aged over 25 years
& unemployed/not in full time education) to consider getting into
employment, education or volunteering. It is a Carer led project - Carers will set their own goals, and we will create a plan to achieve them. For example, if you are interested in volunteering, we will look at a range of opportunities based on your interests. If you are interested in finding employment, we will help you with CV writing or run a Self Employment workshop.
There will be a series of workshops that you can choose from such as Carers
rights, benefits, confidence building, CV writing and interview skills etc.
There will also be one to one sessions at a time convenient for you.
The project is funded by Big Lottery
Fund and European Social Fund, and there is a budget to cover some expenses
Carers may have such as travel and childcare/sitting in services.
My colleagues and I cover 8 Boroughs which include Newham, Redbridge, Havering, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Barking & Dagenham, and Greenwich.
To be eligible you must be:
- aged 25 years and over
- Right to work and live in UK (evidence such as passport will be needed)
- Not in any paid employment or full time education (evidence such as letter from Job Centre will be needed, or Carers may be asked to sign a Self declaration form to state they are unemployed)
- Live in Newham, Redbridge, Havering, Hackney,
Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Barking & Dagenham, or Greenwich Borough
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0208 514 6251
Our first workshop will be on Carers Rights and Barriers to Employment. This will be held on Tuesday 23rd May, 10:30am - 12:30pm in Tower Hamlets Carer Centre. Tea & Coffee provided. Please contact us for further information.
Alternatively you can drop by our information stall on Wednesday 17th May, 12:30pm - 16:30pm in Queens Hospital.
- 55.5K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 161 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 845 Work and employment
- 602 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 711 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 954 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments