Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is maggiemay16!
Hi, I have just joined this group. I suffer from fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome. For years I have had to fight the medical profession as well as the DWP. It was an exhausting fight that affected the stress levels and fear and made my illness so much worse. Then eventually an Atos worker came to my home, examined me asked questions, saw how sore I was, and was awarded DLA for life. I felt at least that was one huge worry and burden off my mind. Then just two months later Ian Duncan Smith comes along with Universal Credit, and the worry and stress is back again, even worse as this government is hell bent on torturing the disabled. It is extremely difficult trying to get my body and mind to work properly every day and night, 24/7. The fatigue and the pain is never ending and has ruined my life. I have no friends and no social life. My house needs cleaned and decorated from top to bottom, after years of neglect through this illness. I am clinically depressed and suffer anxiety problems made worse by the constant worry that my benefits will be cut or stopped when they shift me over to PIPS. I hope everyone is having a good day and I look forward to hearing from you.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 686 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.