Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Depression with long term progressive illness
had so called counselling b4 , it's the see GP wait for phone call asses your needs Ect then sessions are only short term , left in limbo , hate the term mental illness !!, people associate it with off your head or not right in the head , it puts me off going to GP Ect and limited resources are not at all good . I have COPD. Amongst other related illnesses , and receive PIP. Care and motability allowance , I'm struggling at the moment yet another chest infection puresy , my world as become smaller , and limited , I'm so depressed and down , the constent stress from austerity cuts Ect , the next thing will be universal credit , bed room tax , was added to my rent , I'm in 2 bed terrace. With stair lift I have to pay for 2nd room ! Yet there are no other bungalows available or ground floor places available!!! Local housing association have nothing ! It's all compounding to depression , so fed up need help !
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.