Bipolar — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


gillo141610 Member Posts: 1 Listener
iv suffered mental health and chronic panic attacks for years but now I think I'm bipolar my friends and family have picked up on things I get really agitated if things are ok even and I panic over things what probably aren't even going to happen??


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gillo141610 welcome to the community, if you are concerned about your mental health, the best place to start is seeing your GP.

    You say you have suffered with mental health issues for a long time, do you have a contact with the mental health team who you could discuss your feelings about bipolar with?
    Senior online community officer
  • Ajk110
    Ajk110 Member Posts: 47
    Hi @gillo141610 I completely agree with @Sam_Scope and suggest you begin with your GP. The symptoms you describe could be linked to a number of conditions other than bipolar, for example generalised anxiety. This is why, though it's good to read up and to be aware of how your mental health is, it's important to seek professional help when things aren't feeling right. Best of luck.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.