Disabled bus pass — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled bus pass

Options
needsupport89
needsupport89 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi I recently applied for bus psss disabled one only by contacting them found out they need the whole award letter for pip including the scores is this correct or are they just asking for more info to find out more about my condition basically being noisy my council is Hampshire council 

thanks 

Comments

• dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Options
    I believe they do need a copy of the PIP letter, partly so they know how long to issue the bus pass for. It may be that you need a career with you when traveling so they might issue a bus pass + 1 traveller. 
    If you do not meet the criteria for a bus pass I believe you can appeal to the local passenger transport executive, sending them the details of your disability they seem to have more discretion & may issue you with a pass, even if you don't meet the PIP criteria
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    You can also get a bus pass if you'd be refused a bus pass on medical grounds for reasons other than drugs or alcohol. You may need a letter from your GP.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.