PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


ClareA Member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm wondering with the pip court case if I can get help with someone to come with me. Also wondering if I could get help anywhere with advice on finances. My court case for appeal is due on 3 July


  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering

    Hi ClareA

    Unfortunately we cannot offer ongong assistance with benefits appeals, as we do not have the resources to cover the whole country, however it's very likely that there will be an agency in your area that can assist.

    Try your local CAB - even if they cannot assist you they are likely to know other local agencies, your council may have a Welfare Rights department, or there may be a Law Centre in your locality.

    If you do require assistance then I suggest that you get on it as soon as possible, as the the timescale of less than six weeks is extremely tight for someone to prepare a case.

    What I would like to stress though, is that if you can't get a representative TRY NOT TO WORRY. The best evidence you can give to a Tribunal is your own honest account of the difficulties you experience - you will already have written this on your Mandatory Reconsideration and Appeal form, and the Tribunal will just ask you questions around this - you will not be required to have any legal knowledge.

    As regards money advice, a lot of councils and housing associations offer face to face money advice, or if you have a CAB/Law Centre then they may be able to assist. The Citizens Advice also do a live webchat weekdays during the day if you would rather access direct advice that way.

    Good luck!

    Kind regards,


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.