PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money? - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money?

12346»

Comments

• sociallyawkward
    sociallyawkward Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hello, I won my appeal on the 14-15th of may I received a letter from the tribunal with their decision ect. 
    I let my ‘work coach’ know on the 18th via the online journal. I haven’t received any letters or phone calls from DWP yet... is it likely they are asking for the judges reasoning? I’m worried they will appeal it took a lot out of me to even take it to tribunal so not sure what I will do if they appeal? Has anyone had their decision around the same time as me that can let me know how it’s all going with their DWP communication? 
    Should I ring them and make sure they got to letter? 
    Thank you 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @sociallyawkward. You mentioned letting your work coach know via your journal, would I be right in assuming you claim Universal Credit?
    Unfortunately you can't contact PIP via your UC journal as the two departments don't have anything to do with each other. If you're waiting on payment from PIP it'll be them you have to contact.
    It's good practice to let UC know you're now in receipt of PIP though as it can have a positive effect on your UC depending upon your circumstances. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sociallyawkward
    Thought I would update. 
    Rang PIP today told me they haven’t received the decision from the tribunal which they have had four phone calls this week stating the same thing, told me to ring the tribunal and tell them send it out again. Rang the tribunal they told me they sent them an email on the 13th with their decision and that it is in the agreement with DWP that they have to ask for another copy of the decision. Spoke to PIP again told them what the tribunal had said to be told they haven’t got anything on the system even confirming that I had my hearing on the 12th... so now I have to ring back next week to see if they have sorted it. I had to tell her she has to ask the tribunal to send out the information again so another week waiting and probably even longer than that ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Sounds like an absolute fuss @sociallyawkward. I'm sorry you're being mucked about. :disappointed:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Thought I would update. 
    Rang PIP today told me they haven’t received the decision from the tribunal which they have had four phone calls this week stating the same thing, told me to ring the tribunal and tell them send it out again. Rang the tribunal they told me they sent them an email on the 13th with their decision and that it is in the agreement with DWP that they have to ask for another copy of the decision. Spoke to PIP again told them what the tribunal had said to be told they haven’t got anything on the system even confirming that I had my hearing on the 12th... so now I have to ring back next week to see if they have sorted it. I had to tell her she has to ask the tribunal to send out the information again so another week waiting and probably even longer than that ?
    what a mess  :(
  • maggy
    maggy Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    I'm same had mine on 29 May got letter 1 June won the appeal only waited two years for the tribunal now another wait due to them **** about no doubt
  • sociallyawkward
    Another update!
    good news! I rang the tribunal on the 4th asking if DWP had requested another email stating decision they had received email that day and sent it back of to DWP. 
    Rang PIP today, they’ve finally got it and I will be paid (touch wood) my back pay on the 12th and first payment on the 2nd of July! Let’s hope this is the end of phone calls ? I only have my award until feb 2022 though so I imagine I will be going through all this again in just over a year. I hope who ever else is going through this gets it sorted soon. It’s such a long dragged out process and if I didn’t have the support from my family I really don’t think I would of coped through all this, wish you all the best of luck stay safe x
  • sociallyawkward
    maggy said:
    I'm same had mine on 29 May got letter 1 June won the appeal only waited two years for the tribunal now another wait due to them **** about no doubt
    Ring the tribunal to make sure they’ve sent it out (they will have but just for your own record) Ring DWP ask them if they have received the email or not if they say no you need to tell them to request the decision again! Leave it 2/3 days ring the tribunal see if they have received email asking for the decision to be sent out again if they say yes wait another 3 days and ring pip asking them if they’ve got the repeat email! By then they should of got it all sorted! Waiting time to PIP was 30 minutes every time I called x
  • LucieC
    LucieC Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hello all, 

I’ve used this forum for a long time to read up on different peoples situations but decided I’d join and tell you my story and ask for some advice at the same time. I’ll make an incredibly long story as short as I possibly can. I won my first tribunal in 2015, I had fought for nearly two years and got all my money backdated which totalled to nearly 14k this took a month from the tribunal decision for me to receive. I was awarded both components at enhanced. I thought after being put through so much and being made even more poorly that finally my fight was over. Then in October 2018 I was called up early for an assessment, as usual capita lied as we all know they do and so my fight began again. They took me down to just the standard rate of the care component and took my mobility off me completely. They took my car and ruined my life. I had to fight for 20 months to finally get the award I am entitled to. On the 29th may 2020 I had a telephone tribunal arranged due to COVID-19. As we all know it’s scary and I was so poorly. I needed for them to see me in person to look into my eyes and see that I was telling the truth. I was so worried that having a tribunal via phone would prevent them from feeling any empathy for me. As I was waiting for my call I had a withheld number call me, it was my representative, my heart sank...he then told me that the tribunal didn’t need to speak to me and that on medical records alone I had been awarded enhanced rate for both backdated from October 2018 when they took it off me and awarded until July 2022. The relief I felt was indescribable. I’m 35 years old I have bipolar, borderline personality disorder, epilepsy, degenerative disc disease, sciatica, fibromyalgia, anxiety, OCD, a blood disorder and arthritis to name but a few. At my age accepting all these illnesses is very hard especially as I can barely walk and I have a little boy who is only four and is autistic and has epilepsy so my life really is hard enough so having three people who I’ve never met validate my claim based just on my medical records felt amazing! I received the tribunals decision a few days later and was straight on the phone to pip who of course despite the courts telling me they emailed the decision said they hadn’t received it yet! A bittersweet win! I’ve called pip several times and was told the same each time until today 8th June when they confirmed that they had received the decision but that’s all she said and that it was being processed! Again I’m left in limbo! I can’t sleep, I feel constantly poorly and I’m worried they are going to try and overturn the tribunals decision. They never tried the first time but nothing surprises me with them. The tribunals decision letter did say something that I’ve never seen which was “The decision is final (Code A)” does anyone know what that means? I just want my money that they owe me and to order my mobility car and get what little I have of my life back!! I know that even after winning two tribunals this won’t be the end. Which is why I plan to take capita to court and sue them as unfortunately for them I recorded the assessment which clearly shows the assessor for the lying piece of life ruining sh*t he is!! How these people sleep at night is beyond me! It took me 20 months of being at my lowest, trying to take my own life on several occasions and ending up getting fibromyalgia (brought on by stress) because of what they did to me. Despite all this if they even tried it again I’d fight them again! No matter what, no matter how hard it is DO NOT GIVE UP!! That’s exactly what they want you to do!!! For anyone going through a tribunal I wish you all the best! When I take capita to court I not only intend to have every assessor that lied about me dismissed I intend to fight for us all and kick up such a fuss that something will change! We should not be treated like this!! It’s disgusting!! Prisoners have more rights than we do!! 
  • maggy
    maggy Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Good on you I just won my appeal got no award of dwp but won standard on daily living still only 4 points for mobility 
  • LucieC
    LucieC Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    maggy said:
    Good on you I just won my appeal got no award of dwp but won standard on daily living still only 4 points for mobility 
    I’m glad you won your appeal but sorry that you didn’t get the amount of points you were hoping for and I imagine entitled to for mobility. The system is so wrong. Was far better when it was DLA! My award then was for life as none of my most serious illnesses can be cured but that doesn’t matter to the box tickers! Nothing we go through on a daily basis does! I’m just so glad that tribunals see through all their lies!! 
  • foxxy
    foxxy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I win mine on 26th April I rang them last Friday to see what's happening answered few questions and was told within 2 weeks 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021

Deleted - posted and then realised I was commenting on a vey old post!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.