Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is SammyAmyVikki!
I am mum to 6 year old twins, Amy and Sammy. Sammy has Global Developmental Delay, Macrocephaly and severe complex learning difficulties. He has only been walking independently for eleven months, and still has to have all his food puréed as he can't eat solids yet.He understands Makaton, but doesn't sign himself yet. He is still in nappies, and can't talk properly yet, but none of this stops or upsets Sammy, he is the happiest little boy I know, he just loves life, and has a lovely twin sister by his side, who adores him !
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.