Lost DLA/PIP. Need a Blue Badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost DLA/PIP. Need a Blue Badge

bic123
bic123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have Ms and degenerative spine conditions and arthritis in my knees, ankles and hands. They took my DLA/Pip mobility off me and I'm trying to get a blue badge. I've been trying since April. I walk with crutches and have a wheelchair, I'm in pain all the time and it gets worse. I also have Raynaud's. Has anyone else had problems renewing a badge after losing pip mobility. I'm so down. Thanks

Comments

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @bic123

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having.

Please check out this discussion on Blue Badge and PIP. which may answer your question.

We also have an advice section on driving and disability including the Blue Badge Scheme

We also have a lot of information around PIP that might be helpful:Benefits calculatorPIP self testHelp filling in PIP formsBenefits overview, as well as a Benefits Advisor.

I hope you find this helpful.

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @bic123

Have you appealed the DWP's decision to refuse you PIP mobility?
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Hello @bic123 ,

Although there are some criteria with which a blue badge is granted automatically they are also able to issue them at their own discretion.

A well written request backed-up with a letter of support from your GP should be all that you need.
  • bic123
    Hello thanks everyone who responded, I have sever anxiety so no I didn't appeal, I have received my MRI scan results which show I have spinal canal narrowing (stenosis) and facet joint disease worse affected cervical and lumbar. Do you think I should go back and seek pip mobility again? I've asked the neurologist for a letter but so far not received anything other than acknowledgement.  It's getting worse almost daily. Thanks
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @bic123 As well as asking your Neurologist for a letter your MRI test result and a letter about your condition should have been sent online to your surgery. If you ask the admin dept. or receptionist for the relevant information they should be able to print it off for you to use to show DWP that your problems are genuine. I know it's hard to appeal DWP decisions but you will feel much better if you do this and it will give you automatic right to have a Blue badge. Just accepting being turned down for PIP when you know you are entitled to it will do you no good whatsoever x

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @bic123

The community have spoken - and I agree with them!

By all means contact your council with evidence (and complete the application form if you have not already done so) and your blue badge can be awarded without PIP.

BUT please do also reconsider appealing the PIP refusal. Hunt down a local agency where you can take your papers to someone face to face, either CAB, Welfare Rights in the local Council, or Money Advice. Although there is a general time limit of a month to request the Mandatory Reconsideration, there is an 'absolute' time limit of up to 13 months, and if you are outside this, you could always think about re-claiming.

Best of luck with it, do let us know if you have any further issues or queries!

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• bic123
  • bic123
    Latest is they've turned down for blue badge, I asked my neurologist for a letter it email of support and have not received any response.  With severe anxiety I'm very low but will plod on. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Don't despair @bic123!

Did you appeal the PIP refusal? If not, now's the time to reconsider!

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.