Access to Work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Access to Work

I've seen a job advertised that I'd like to apply for but it states a car driver/ owner is essential. I'd be out in the community visiting clients in their own home. I'm unable to drive due to a disability. Could Access to Work be used for taxis or an assistant to drive me between clients homes? How much would my employer need to contribute towards it? I don't want to apply if it's going to cost the employer more than paying a car driver mileage allowance. I phoned Access to Work to ask but the advisor told me to phone back if I get the job. Does anyone have any experience of using Access to Work for something similar?



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.