Hi, my name is allcry! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is allcry!

Options
allcry
allcry Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello Everyone, I am a dyslexic person. Looking for help on making life equal for people with dyslexia.

I have and auditory processing disorder and I have been looking for a way to help dyslexics.

I come up against resistance from of both dyslexics and non-dyslexics who say that dyslexia is not a disability.

It's true dyslexia does have some abilities and when you discover them it's truly amazing.

Dyslexia is a registered disability under the equality and diversity law. But not all UK government departments agree or follow this legislation.

Sometimes you are and sometimes your are not.

I say please either help or get out of the way.

Dyslexia affects everyone differently, there are even three types, verbal, auditory and reasoning.

I wish everyone good speed on their journey.

Comments

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @allcry:

Welcome!, and thanks for your post.

I admire your desire and passion to help other dyslexic people.

Check out our site and the great discussions we've got going on across a range of topics. You'll find our chat and information categories.

Feel free to get involved! 

It's great to have you here.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.