PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
2»

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @sofia73

Sorry to hear about all the difficulties you are having.

As Matilda correctly says, don't be too disheartened if your MR is not successful, remember, this is just the DWP looking again at their OWN decision, they are not likely to change it unless you attach some fairly compelling evidence that they have not already seen - this does not necessarily mean that you would not be successful at appeal!

My advice would be to submit the MR, keeping it fairly brief - details of the decision you are appealing (PIP, date of decisions), brief details of your conditions and how they affect you, and then a brief explanation of why you disagree with the decision. There's no need to go further than about a page unless you really want to (in which case go for it!).

I view the MR almost as an administrative step that must be taken in order to get an appealable decision.

I would recommend trying to get a local CAB, welfare rights, or money advice worker to help with the appeal - they may not be able to assist with the MR, but I'd try asking.

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you need anything further

The Benefits Training Co:

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    One thing to add - is just to be aware that the DWP, and any subsequent Tribunal have it within their power to reduce your award as well as increase it. I don't mean to panic you(!) I just need to make you aware of this - all the more reason to try and see someone face to face if you can.
    The Benefits Training Co:

• sofia73
    sofia73 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice I think that's why I did not take it to appeal tribunal when I was not successful at the MR stage. I felt I should have gotten the higher mobility rates last time and since then my condition and symptoms have worsened. And now my daily living and mobility needs are greater. I have gone from 3 different medications to 8 and the chronic disease has spread, which I didn't even know could happen! It so difficult to try and come to terms with my illness, my inability to do 95% of what I used to do, the physical changes to my appearance and ability to
    interact with others and then appealing decisions. Am feeling overwhelmed. But will keep you updated. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.