Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Concerned about my 8 month old baby
Hello I have been in contact with my doctor because I have concerns about my little girl I do not feel as if they are listening to me, she is now nearly 9 months old she is unable to roll over or bear weight on her legs or for more than 5 seconds she is a chubby baby but my other children were chubby and did not have any of these problems. She does not seem to be able to co-ordinate her legs for an example doing the bicycle kick when she does Kick she does so with her two legs together and slams them down she also does the same motion with her arms at the same time she is more likely to do this when she is excited or upset. She can bend her knees and has recently started to lift her legs and is able to grasp her write foot and bring it to her mouth she started doing this about a week ago she does not appear to have as much control over her left leg. She can sit unaided now she has been doing this for about 2 weeks now. Do you think I am just being paranoid or is there a reason for me to be concerned
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.