benefit entitlement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

benefit entitlement

jeanie13
jeanie13 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi i receive pip also the daily living component im receiving enhanced rate my ssp is due to end can you tell me what benefits that im entitled to also can someone get carers allowance for me as i am in constant pain and need help around the house also personal help as well .I dont know who to contact . thankyou

Comments

• dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Hi are you still employed? If your SSP is about to come to an end, I believe you can apply for Employment & Support allowance. You will be sent for an assessment,  the three option are if you are unemployed they may say you are fit for work & have to claim job seekers, be  placed in the Work related activity group (WRAG) if they think your condition will improve over the next 52 weeks or placed in the support group if they don't think there's any chance of improvement.  The types of ESA available to you are Contribution based ESA ( depends on your NI record) and income related ESA. I am not certain but you may be intitled to housing benefit etc depending on your circumstances. 
  • jeanie13
    jeanie13 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for the information that has helped me  a lot 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello jeanie13. As dogfather says, when you come to the end of SSP you need to claim Employment and Support Allowance. There is a contribution based version and an income related version. You will go through an assessment process, which will determine whether you can get ESA, and if so, whether you will be placed into the work-related activity group or the support group. The fact that you get enhanced rate daily living PIP is obviously an indication of the severity of your condition, but getting this level of PIP does not guarantee that you will get the highest rates of ESA, so you need to take care with your ESA claim to ensure it all goes well. You may also qualify for other benefits, but your entitlement to any income-related benefit will depend on your income, savings, housing costs, and who lives with you. As you get daily living PIP, then any potential carer may be able to get carer's allowance for looking after you, but there are conditions that they will have to satisfy. The best course of action is to do some research on the benefits calculator which you can find on this Scope website. It's run by www.turn2us.org.uk and you can find out exactly how to proceed by running your circumstances through the online calculator, as the calculator will also let you know whether the status of Universal Credit in your particular area will affect how you should proceed.  You should also contact the Adult Services department of your local authority to ask for an assessment of your personal care needs. 
    I hope this helps!
    Jayne
    The Benefits Training Co:

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jeanie13.

It's great to have you on board our merry ship (community)

Please please read the above info & let me know if there is anything else that we can do for you???

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.