If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Blue Badge Scheme for PIP standard rate

pc4434pc4434 Member Posts: 1 Listener

I have just been taken of DLA and awarded PIP standard mobility, which means I will have to hand my motorbility car back. Will I still be entitled to my blue badge?


  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger

    Yes.  Minimum mobility points for Blue Badge = 8.
    Are you going to appeal your award?

  • NystagmiteNystagmite Member Posts: 609 Pioneering
    Only if all 8 points are for walking and not planning and following a journey.
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hi pc4434,

    You need 8 points for moving around, as Matilda and Nystagmite have explained. Have you still got these? If so, your Blue Badge is secure. These are the rules in England and Northern Ireland by the way - in Scotland and Wales, you can also qualify via the planning and following journeys activity, or, in Scotland only, you can simply qualify by asking for a mandatory reconsideration of the PIP decision.

    Also, do check out the package of support from Motability when this happens. It may be worth considering keeping the car for eight weeks, or longer if you qualify for the longer period. Financial support is also available depending on when you joined the scheme and what you decide to do.

    If you are considering challenging the decision, the first step is to request a mandatory reconsideration, as I'm sure you know.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.