Does explaining my written form at face-2-face form part of evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does explaining my written form at face-2-face form part of evidence?

rhodia
rhodia Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello,

Fantastic I've got enhanced for both thanks to the guides from here.

I have recently read through my forms since getting the award letter and just want to ask.

There are some things that may not be clear i wrote:
"I need help and support making journeys from family or using a taxi'
My form continues with:
"I need to request disabled adjustments when using public transport and use disabled seating where available"

I recall at my face-to-face discussing this to make it clear by saying "when i have the choice I use the help of family, friends or taxi"  I also said "I use trains buses and planes at times"
I also went into more detail about other aspects of my life and the way my disability limits me or means i have to make choices.

I've not been given the notes from the face-to-face.  All it says in the award letter is " your health condition or disability causes you great difficulty moving around"  then lists evidence but from the face-to-face just mentions informal observations, description of a typical day and how I engaged with assessor.

I suppose my question really is as I have gave more detail and explained more at the face-to-face would that be ok?

What do they mean typical day?

Also I've now decided to learnto drive so I can get the mobility car and not rely on family all the time or wait on a taxi.  Again is that ok or do i have to inform of a change because me driving never crossed my mind.

I was hoping that it would improve the quality of my life but it seems am just worrying more now espically because the process is rather ugly and makes you feel like a criminal; I've had this condition all my life so never easy to see an outside view of ones self.

Thanks for your help and if you could help here that be great.

RH

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi welcome to the Scope community
    In that last paragraph you described benefits brilliantly, its up to you what you do on that side of things. 

Please let me know what benefit your describing and I'll put you though the the right teem.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @rhodia

Learning to drive is not a change in circumstances for PIP purposes.  Changes that have to be reported for PIP purposes, as far as I'm aware, only include changes to your abilities/disabilities.
  • rhodia

@gnmeads

the benefit is PIP specifically the moving around element for the mobility component.
  • rhodia

@Matilda

Thanks yes learning to drive is just something new not something that would change my ability or disability it would just allow me to support my disability and life better.

And thinking about it that's the point in part of the face-to-face to give an opportunity to explain in detail and for them to probe a bit more as am no word smith.

rh

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    As rhodia says, I think PIP is disability orientated so unless that changes I think you won't have to worry. Just to be sure though here's a link to look at to confirm this:https://www.gov.uk/pip/change-of-circumstances

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.