Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP Assessment and loss of Motabiltiy Car
I'd like to ask a question on behalf of a friend please? She has received the higher level of DLA mobility and has had a motability car for 5 years, however after her PIP assessment, they awarded her the standard level of mobility - she has today posted a letter to request a redecision, but she has now received a letter from Motability to return her car.
She is housebound without her car, and I am sure that if it went to appeal, she would win as her health has deteriorated recently. Does she have to return her car now, or can she await the response to her request for a decision?
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments