Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Refusal of a mutual exchange
Hi I live in a 3 bedroom house with my husband and daughter ,I suffer with servere psoriasis,psoriatic arthritis,I have 2 disc protrusions and a collapsed vertebral due to a fall down the stairs in 2014 ,had a mri march 2017 which revealed this, I also broke my cocstyx ,I have steps to my property and in the garden to get to the washing line ,my stairs are illegal the tread is too small my housing association replaced the top stair after going on and on at them my health is getting worse I don't go upstairs unless my husband is by me,I have slept in a recliner chair since my accident I now have osteoporosis too and shoulder impingment ,in december 2014 I had a wet room put through a disability grant which I am very grateful for but recently struggling with every day tackles I decided to do a home swap I have a 3 bed and wanted to downsize to a 2 bed I found a swop just around the corner a family with 3 children under 6yrs mum and sleep in the lounge on a sofa bed their house was all flat no steps at all but my housing association refused me because of my wet room I wasnt asking for another wet room to be put in the other house people are crying out for bigger properties I have asked for the decision to be looked at again,is there anything else I can do and if anyone could help me please ,thank you.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.