Working from home — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working from home

veriterc
veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
edited July 2017 in Coffee lounge
With so many successful bloggers on the web today, could those of us who can't go out to work learn from them?  I would love to be able to earn some money (to pay for private care when I am told there is a six month wait to see doctor!) and can find plenty of help in setting up a website, but need assistance in how to set up ads, clicks to affiliates, etc. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @veriterc,
    brilliant idea. I agree with you that working from home (especially disable people ) could be beneficial to most of people who cannot work in different places. 
    Perhaps, someone from members would like to share experience here online. 
    I can help with setting up events on EventBrite, creating e-bulletin via Mail Chimp, Microsoft Outlook and Office 365, accounting, creating posts .  If anyone straggle drop me a message. 

Iza 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @veriterc I am a blogger in my 'other life' and I started this when I became very unwell and couldnt leave my bed.

I do now run a successful blog but it took a good 2 years to make any money from it and even now, though I take on paid ads etc and it does make money, if you worked it out to an hourly rate, I would be on slave labour!

Of course there are bloggers who make a lot of money but they are not the norm.  I would always be wary of any bloggers offering classes/workshops in how to make money as often THAT is the way they are making their money.

I found lots of great free courses about websites, seo etc through my local council, so it could be worth you checking there.  

Best of luck :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Roland
    Roland Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Have a look at Disabled Entrepreneurs (google it). They may be able to help

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.