Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
NOW ESA assesments !!
after recently having gone through a long battel with PIP they arenow putting us through one with ESA ..i was sent a appointment regardless of explaining my circumstances yet again and was told to call back the next week i then was told i hae to get yet another letter from my doctor .we all know how hard and how long that can take at minimum a week i have to get one and return in two days .. then with the weekend it wont get seen until earliest my appointment date ,,which i am unable to attend as i have no way to get there or anyone to escort me ..so they have put me in a bad situation told me to get a letter send in then i have to give them two days notice to let them know i cant climb 24 steps to 2nd floor so they can arrange down stairs room ?? so much for the governments not persecuting those who are genuine ...i suffer from severe depression PIP almost pushed me over the top and this i cant even see way round ..i am so tired of fighting the system i moved house set in motion a whole team of medical etc to help get me well enough to hopefulyy return at least to part time work but this system keeps pushing me back down ..i dont know what to do im too tired now
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 795 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.