What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is there any help available?

DavidBarnesDavidBarnes Member Posts: 1 Listener
I am 68 years old and had a car accident in 1971 which was not my fault. The accident occurred whilst I was working and I subsequently received a small industrial injury benefit allowance. After some 3 years my condition improved and I gave up the allowance on the understanding that I could re apply if the condition deteriorated.
Things have deteriorated considerably and I am now extremely limited in my walking ability, I cannot stand for more than a few minutes. My balance is very poor.
Despite having had an ankle replacement 9 months ago there has been no improvement in my mobility which is further hampered by weakness in my hands due to having had 4 operations for Duprens Fasceitus.
I depend now on the help of my wife and friends, my driving is limited and I did have to give up my driving licence for 6 months after a seizure following ankle surgery.
Until last year I carried out voluntary work but I have had to give that up because of my physical weakness. The whole issue is further aggravated by the fact that I now take Epilepsy medication which affects my memory.
I have savings well in excess of £15k on which I depend for a total income of around £20k p.a.
Bearing in mind, that this was an industrial injury giving rise to the major part of my problems, is there any help available to me.


Sign in or join us to comment.