Disability Pride Brighton 2017: Celebrate with Pride
This Sunday, the 9th of July, will see the launch of the first Disability Pride event in England - Disability Pride Brighton 2017.
It promises to be a great day out and a fantastic opportunity to celebrate and take pride in who we are as disabled people from every community.
Described by organisers as “a celebration for and of all people with disabilities,” Disability Pride Brighton was started by Jenny Skelton, as a positive response to an incident in which her daughter suffered disability discrimination in 2016.
There will be all kinds of good stuff on offer including music, street food, children’s entertainment, and a family picnic area - all delivered in an accessible environment, with a changing places toilet.
It will be held from 2:00 p.m.to 7:00 p.m. New Road, Brighton BN1 1SD.
For more information, please see the Disability Pride Brighton website.
What do you think? Is this sort of event needed? Or is it long overdue?
Are you planning to attend this milestone event? Would you attend a Disability Pride event if it was near you?
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments