Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP Assessment for mental health
I am going to take my daughter for an assessment for PIP tomorrow, the first question I shall be asking is the medical qualifications and field of expertise. My daughter has mental health issues as well as physical ones and I am praying that we get a qualified mental health expert. My family has a history of depression and two serious suicide attempts, one resulting in my father being hospitalised for 6 months in a psychiatric unit. I believe these facts are relevant and will be bringing these into the conversation. Also my daughter spent five years under a consultant psychiatrist when she was 8-13 also relevant, any advice for tomorrow?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.