Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
esa appeal - Should I appeal ESA or Stay on JSA?
i was thrown off esa and had to claim js , i appealed and my appeal papers have come through i am still too ill to work as my condition just worsens will not get better but now i have appeal papers i can go back on esa till appeal hearing , does this seem a good idea (it means putting in new houseing benefit claim again ,) but saves looking for jobs i know i cant do . ....( i only claimed js allowance to make sure my rent got paid as im in private rented ,) please can anyone give me sound advice on this please , i have to go once a fortnight to sign on , and im there today ,and they will ask if i want to go on esa what do i do ??
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 687 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.