Esa 113 form — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Esa 113 form

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group. 
Im currently on Assessment rate esa. I sent back my ESA50 form back in Jan. 
The DWP now said that they have sent a 113form to my gp. I've never heard of this form in all the different things I've read about esa. 
I've have my contract terminated from my employers on the grounds of ill health which they have sent me a letter to confirm this.

i just wonder why and what is this 113 form ??? 
Any advice will be grateful.
many thanks Cen 


  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Member Posts: 603 Pioneering
    It's the form they send to your GP to get more information about how your health condition / disability affects you.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hello cen12. As Nystagmite says, this is a form asking for further information which is sent to your GP. There is some interesting stuff about it here: It might be an idea to contact your GP and ask to see / talk to your GP before they fill out the form, just to make sure they know exactly what's going on with your condition. Make sure you are fully clued up on the ESA scoring system, and how you may be able to score points. If your GP can give full information about which activities and descriptors apply to you, then this would be very helpful. You can find excellent information on all this on the benefits calculator (Turn2us) part of this Scope website, and on other websites such Disability Rights UK, Citizens Advice and www. The DWP has also published a guide to the Work Capability Assessment and the scoring system which you can find here: It's quite long, but the appendix at the end gives the scoring system very clearly. 
    Preparation is very important with ESA, as the success rate for new claims is only about 50-50, but much higher among people who have done their research beforehand. The Scope helpline (0808 800 3333) can also give you information about local advice agencies which may be able to help you with your ESA claim. i hope this helps!
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.