Inherited Spastic Parapasis Type 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Inherited Spastic Parapasis Type 4

Jann
Jann Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello , obviously my name is Jann!  I am 62 years old but still with a great sense of humour (so far).  I've had trouble walking for over 30 years after falling off a horse.  
My mobility problems were getting worse, I was eventually referred to a neurologist who told me I have Inherited Spastic Parapasis type 4.  I'm just totally lost, I saw the consultant on my own so can't remember most of what she said and basically I'm lost on what to do next!
Can anyone recommend something I can read or anywhere I can get any information from?
xxx

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hello @Jann,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

Do you have any support in place to help you at the moment? It may also be worth getting back in touch with your consultant (you can usually talk to consultant's secretary) and see if they can get more information for you.

There's also some useful information on the NHS Choices website which may be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.