Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi my name is Karon

blueeyes74blueeyes74 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there. I thought it was time I told you about what brings me here.
Well at the age of three I fell on ice playing with the other kids. I broke my knee and at the time I was treated as any other break. From that point on I spent the next 25 years falling over and every time I fell something would break or the pain was unexplained. Doctors said I was just clumsy and accident prone. 
Then in 2002 I got a doctor to listen to me. After many tests and being told it is all in my head. I got diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. 
At the time I was a single mum with 2 children and working full time as a nurse. 
In 2012 my life changed after repeated falls at work I was told I could no longer work. 
This disorder has started in my left leg and now covers both legs, my left arm, my lower back and chest. 
I would love to still work but at the moment I can't afford an electronic wheelchair and nobody will accept how flexible I need the hours and area to be. 

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.