I've received my SOR for PIP but I'm missing points - is this an error of law? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've received my SOR for PIP but I'm missing points - is this an error of law?

Richarj2
Richarj2 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Finally got my SOR for Pip. Worried as been awarded 12 points but clerk has not written that I am entitled to 4 points on personal care. So even though it states 12 points when you add up points in Sir it comes to 8. Is this an error of law and will DWP now contest this?

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Richarj2 and welcome to the community.

I would assume it is a clerical error. Ring the court on Monday to clarify the situation and ask them re-send the letter with the correct information.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Richarj2,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

As @Geoark suggests, ringing the court and asking for clarification would be a good first step for finding out more about your PIP claim. Hopefully they can shed some light on the situation for you. :)
    Liam
  • rosie55
    rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Hi how long u waited for sor since your tribunal day. Thats process im at the mo x

• Richarj2
    Hi Rosie55. Waited a frustrating 8 weeks. Now, counting the days until the end of the month. Its been a horrible experience. Good luck. Let me know how you get on.
  • rosie55
    Hi richarj2
    8 week really when did you go to tribunal ?
    Have they started paying you yet ?x
  • Richarj2
    Hi Rosie55. No, when you win a tribunal, especially at a higher rate the DWP will appeal and ask for an SOR. They then have a month to see if there is an error of law and then can apply to the upper tribunal. During this time you do not receive any Payments. It can go on for months. My tribunal was May 23.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP don't automatically appeal a tribunal decision - they didn't in my case.
  • rosie55
    I've rung them today and they said it's coz when tribunal sent a decision letter they didn.t put the reason for why got points so they ask for sor.
    Can take 4 weeks to get sor back and another 4 weeks for dwp to look at it x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.