What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

My local council are taking me to court for co-funding contributions

Hi every one new to being online. I am physically disabled and mentally disabled I am looking for any advice or signposting. Regarding help with my local council taking me to court for co-funding contributions. I have tried reasoning with them. I am on benefits I have no saving my husband has brain damage due to multiple strokes and Dementia life is very hard my CPN has sent a letter to the council saying not to take further action against me but to no avail. I cannot afford the contribution they are asking. And they are taking my husband to court too. Any help regarding this matter I would be very grateful thank you.


  • Liam_AlumniLiam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,113 Pioneering
    Hi @Christabelle,

    Welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. Have you contacted your local Law Centre? They may be able to offer you some legal advice regarding your current situation.  I have also moved your post into the Ask a Benefits Advisor category, as @BenefitsTrainingCo may be able to advise.

    You can also speak to our Helpline if you're looking for further information. You can give them a call on 0808 800 3333 or email [email protected]

    I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering

    Hi @Christabelle

    It sounds like you need to speak to a Community Care specialist. This is one of the few areas which has remained in scope for Legal Aid, and as such if you are on benefits a solicitor may get legal aid to help you.

    If you follow this link http://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk/ type in your postcode and click the Community Care box on the right underneath, then it should bring up the solicitors local to you who may be able to help you.

    Hope this helps.

    Kind regards,


    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.