Theatre Fans? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Theatre Fans?

CaderMac
CaderMac Community member Posts: 105 Pioneering
Earlier this week my mum took my disabled foster sister to see a relaxed performance of Fiddler on the Roof at Chichester Festival Theatre and was so impressed at the level of service provided by the theatre. 

The actors came out on stage to talk to the audience and explain the play and the costumes and show the audience the workings of the theatre, showing them that the smoke later on in the play was nothing to be frightened off. My mum, grandma and sister were approached upon arrival and introduced to a "buddy", a member of theatre staff who assisted them to their seat and was on hand to help throughout the performance. All in all, my mum was very impressed at the thought and hardwork that had gone in to making this relaxed performance truly inclusive and accessible. Well done Chichester Festival Theatre! 

I would be interested to know if anyone else can recommend theatres that offer good relaxed/accessible performances? Or share any stories of similar experiences? 

Chichester Festival Theatre have a relaxed performance of Beauty and the Beast in December, and if you are interested you can find out more by following this link. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.