Transferring from DLA to PIP - assessment arranged without my forms? Help! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transferring from DLA to PIP - assessment arranged without my forms? Help!

Options
ianelle
ianelle Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am in the process of transferring from DLA to PIP. I have severe anxiety and depression. I also have endometriosis which I am waiting for my 3rd surgery and have now developed bladder symptoms including severe pelvic pain and lower back pain also blood and white cells in urine with no infection and am down for emergency cystoscopy. I am crippled with pain ATM and obviously this is affecting my mental health badly. I didn't get my forms filled in for PIP by the date given and they have went ahead and arranged an assessment at a centre without my form as my GP sent them a report   My question is why would they go ahead without my form and how to I go about filling it in as the questions are very specific unlike DLA?  Regards and tia Michelle 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ianelle.

It's great to meet you and I hope that we can help you further with this????

We have got a"Benefit Advisor" on our home page who will be able to help you with this.

We also have plenty of info on this which should help you further.

Please please let us know if we can help you further with this.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi ianelle, 

Did you not send the form in at all or was it just sent in late? I am assuming from your text that you sent it in late. If that's the case then the assessor and the decision maker will have your claim form available when completing the assessment and making the decision.
    In most cases PIP will refuse claims without even sending it for an assessment if a claim form is not received, or not received in time without good reason, so it could be that the evidence provided by the GP has prompted PIP not to do that to you. 
    My advice at this stage would be to try to stop worrying, attend the assessment and see what the outcome is. Good luck!
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.