Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Early puberty 3 year old
I would love to hear from anyone who has any experience or advice for me. My beautiful 3 year old daughter is developing pubic hair, under arm hair and leg hair. She also has body odour like a teenager. She also sweats profusely when she is asleep. At first I put the hair down to her being mixed race, therefore having dark hair and the b.o. down to it being very difficult to lift her arms to wash her properly. But when I noticed the under arm hair this morning I cannot deny the very real possibility that my baby is going through puberty. I have been reading that it is common for girls with CP to start puberty very early even as early as 1 years old. I am going to call her paediatrician first thing in the morning but I would love some advice from anyone even if it is just the name of a decent mild deodorant to use on her. What I am worried about the most is that I have read that if a child goes through puberty very early then they could go through the menopause late teens or early twenties, which could result in osteoarthritis and brittle bones. My daughter already has quadriplegic cerebral palsy and extensive problems and pain associated with it, she can't be tortured any more. Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.