I would like a copy of my medical assessment who do I contact — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I would like a copy of my medical assessment who do I contact

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Please can someone tell me I had an assessment on Thursday.  The woman assessing me was a nurse.  Hard tough probing questions.  I am worried of course about end result.  Can I have a copy of the medical report.  When is it available and who from.  Is there any cost.  Please can someone tell me thank you.  Lets hope and pray this time successful.  You always get worried that you have given the correct information.  Can not remember what I have said.  Any way what is done is done. 

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi
    If it is for PIP you can get a copy of the report (PA4) from the DWP office dealing with your claim. You can ring up and it should be available 2-4 days after your assessment, free of charge . It will give you an indication of what has been recommended by the HCP but the final decision is made by the DM. If it is for ESA then you can still ask but the report is not normally send before the decision is made
    When you receive it come back and let us know if you have any concerns
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @thespiceman

I phoned PIP the day after my assessment and received the assessor's report about 10 days later.  The DWP Decision Letter followed about a week later.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi thespiceman,

As per previous advice the best thing to do would be to give ESA/PIP a call and they will send you a copy of the report.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• shell63
    shell63 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi thespiceman how long did it take to get your region letter I have been waiting 4 weeks and noticed you can ask for the report only thing is when I ring up I am waiting for about a he..last to months my mobile bill doubled with keep ringing up..not happy..lol..ps great site..shell63
  • thespiceman
    Hello I have been trying to ring like everybody else this number you are given on the leaflet that comes with the appointment for the assessment.  I had my support worker just sitting in an office for hours while she made the call to speak to these people about ESA.   Eventually got through but I know I have a landline and use this.  I cannot use a mobile very well and I am sorry for those who have use valuable air time.  I am still waiting for results of assessment and am like everybody else hanging on.  Anxiety is not helping I been through this every two years.  I have had great support here from the community and will contact  my MP as suggested if all fails also will contact advice given.  Here on the web by  community.  Thank You.  
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    had my f2f on 25-10-17 still waiting for outcome, had to ring three times to get report, mine was for a change of circumstances was awarded 12 points for mobility. But until I get the DM letter I am in limbo. So all of you waiting hang in there I know what you are going through. Enjoy the rest of Christmas and best wishes for 2018. ps all PIP telephone numbers are free 0800 landline or mobile.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @wilko Pleased to meet you.  Welcome.  Thank you for replying.  Hope the day went well.  I hope you succeed this is a message of support.  I had a assessment well a while ago, I was successful.  So best wishes.  I hope your 2018 goes well.  Take care and nice to talk to you.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    HI all, including thespiceman and shell63

The ESA number changed quite recently to a freephone:

0800 169 0310

Shell63, if it's for PIP, the freephone is

0800 121 4433

If you get passed on and it isn't obviously to a freephone number (ie it isn't an 0800 number), then I know it's not ideal but another option is to see whether you can get a charity or Jobcentre Plus to make the call for you (but I know that probably means having to get to the CAB or Jobcentre, which may not be viable). 

I hope you both get your reports soon. If you are in a situation where you've spent a lot of money ringing PIP/ESA I'd consider making this part of a complaint to the DWP, stating exactly how much money you have spent and which numbers you rang. It's great that they have mostly moved to freephone numbers now but it's still unacceptable that you have had to pay in order to manage and get info about your benefits claims.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.